Monday, July 16, 2012

Thoughtfulness of an old soul...

Before 10am this morning, barely out of bed and awake, Brenley came bounding toward me wanting to use her EasyBake Oven. She wanted to make heart cookies.

As she was preparing the mix and such, it came time to roll the minuscule amount of dough into four balls to make the cookies. She looked up at me and said,

"Huh?! It only makes four cookies? That's not enough for everyone who will be at the church!"

I had to smile. She was making cookies for the reception after her Papa's funeral.

Big heart. Small heart cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful old soul she is.

Good for you for acknowledging her and 'seeing' her wise loving ways as that- wise loving ways. This way she will keep trusting them and sharing them instead of getting forgetful and scared like so many people get with time.

(Amy, mother of Kirby - 4 yrs old and another old soul, colleague and friend of Mike Kennedy- who forwarded me a link to your blog:)

Dawn said...

Thanks so much, Amy.
I'm only seeing your comment now.
I'm happy Mike shared the link to Brenley's little blog. I hope some day she'll appreciate her young thoughts and life documented in this way!