Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April showers bring ...

... out Brenley's zany sense of... well, being Brenley!

April 20th:
Brenley:"Can we have a jammie day today?"
"No"
"Can we have a jammie day at Ma's?"
"No... you have to get dressed cuz it's Helle's birthday."
"TODAY!?!??!"
"Yeah"
"WEEEEEEEEEEE HOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm so a-cited. Did you hear me hollar wee-hoo when I was coming upstairs cuz I kinda thought it was a special day today?!"
(She didn't hollar at all coming up the stairs!)

April 26th
I asked Brenley if she wanted cucumbers for a snack:
"Ok, Mamaidh"
I went to the fridge and noticed we had baby carrots, too.
"We have baby carrots, too, do you want some of those too?"
"Um... do we have a veggie tray?"
"No, we have cucumbers and carrots, though, like you get in a veggie tray."
"Oh. Mamaidh, remember the good ole days when we had veggie trays?!?"

April 29th
Someone was having a particularily cranky day... but she decided to get dressed anyway.
It was a big secret, as she was going to pick out her outfit, and dress herself, put her own clips in her hair, etc.
"I'm going to be so beautiful," she said.
When she came out of her bedroom, she asked,
"So, how do I look? Do I look beautiful?"
"Yes," I said, "you look stylin... like someone who could clean their room looking so super stylin'"
"No, Mamaidh. I said I only I LOOK super stylin'.... I'm not super girl"
(It would take Super Girl to clean that room!)

No comments: